The UP1500 is a motherboard built by Samsung and released in 2001.
- 800 MHz EV68AL with 2/4/8MB external L2 cache (8.5 GB/s)
- AMD-761 Chipset, ALi M1535D+ south bridge
- 4x 184-pin DIMMs, supports 128MB to 4GB of ECC Registered PC2100 RAM (2.13 GB/s)
- 1x AGP 4x (See limitations below)
- 3x 33 MHz 32-bit PCI slots
- DECchip 21143 Ethernet
- ALi M5451 Sound
A list of compatible hardware (SCSI controllers, graphics cards, RAM, etc.) can be found on the UP1500 Compatibility page.
- The AGP slot accepts only 3.3V signalling cards, effectively limiting the selection of video cards to those supporting AGP 2x
- Not all AGP cards that fit the slot actually work, see AGP Video Card Compatibility.
- The IDE controller does not support 48-bit LBA, so hard drive sizes are limited to 128 GiB (137GB)
- IO space needed for PCI counts against the amount of memory usable by the AMD-761
- Alpha AGP Conflict
The northbridge fan on the UP1500 is mostly decoration. Even at an ambient temperature of 30°C and full system load, the board can be run without it. As it is a rather small fan with a high rpm, doing so lowers the noise created by the board considerably. Naturally, if such a "fanectomy" is performed, a keen eye should be kept on the temperatures, specifically of the northbridge.