Axp-List Archive
Re: ST15150N SCSI HD trouble

Subject: Re: ST15150N SCSI HD trouble
From: Jim Farrow (farrow@iwaynet.net)
Date: Tue Mar 20 14:54:32 2001

I regularly boot from this model drive on a sx board with a Symbios 53c875 adapter,
albeit in SRM v5.6-3. It is jumperless, using scsi id 0 with a zip drive, id 3,and
cd-rom, id 1, on the same cable. It shows up as Fast-10 SCSI in dmesg. Perhaps it's
another case on my administration by smoke and mirrors, but in this instance I can
report no problems. Currently it uses kernel 2.4.2, but has run in the past on
2.2.?13?, I think. I know nothing on synch xfers and little about SCSI in general.
If I can be of further assistance, let me know what would help.

Cheers,
..Jim Farrow..

ps Is there a command/procedure to shutdown noisy SCSI drives when not in use?