Don't trust rawhide? The get your egcs rpms here...

Peter Petrakis (peterpan@wn.net)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:00:36 -0500

I've rebuilt egcs-1.1.1-4 from the srpms starting with binutils and all
dependances.
I've tested them myself and they work. I also rebuilt egcs-1.1.1 with
egcs-1.1.1 to be sure it worked and to see if it would make it any
faster. You can get them at
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads. Read the README there.
Sorry I don't have anon ftp but it really doesn't matter since you can
use wget which can be found on your rh cd. Follow the directions in the
README and everything should work fine.

Here's a simple script I wrote to get the rpms.

#!/bin/sh
#
# Sorry I don't have anon ftp setup but I've made it real easy to get
them
# using wget. If you don't have it installed it's on your redhat cd.
#

wget
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/procps-1.2.9-2.alpha.rpm
wget
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/procps-X11-1.2.9-2.alpha.rpm
wget
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/binutils-2.9.1.0.19a-2.alpha.rpm
wget http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/cpp-1.1.1-4.alpha.rpm
wget http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/egcs-1.1.1-4.alpha.rpm
wget
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/libstdc++-2.9.0-4.alpha.rpm
wget
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/egcs-c++-1.1.1-4.alpha.rpm

#if you want to get fortran and objc too uncomment the following lines

# wget
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/egcs-g77-1.1.1-4.alpha.rpm
# wget
http://math.stcc.mass.edu/petrakis/downloads/egcs-objc-1.1.1-4.alpha.rpm