Re: Newbie Alert!

T.D. Brace (ted@pug.roc.servtech.com)
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 02:31:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, Bryan W. Headley wrote:

> Onsale.com has more UDBs for sale. $400 with 166Mhz, and Redhat 4. No internal
> HD; they tell you to look in your closet for an extra, and while you're in
> there, pull out the extra keyboard and monitor.
>
> Them Computer Guys -- sending more newbies to you and me (well, the more the
> merrier; if nothing else, it expands Red Hat's marketplace and maybe we can
> beat applixWare out of them :-)
>
> Bryan

Geez, you make me feel like a pc owner at an SGI convention ....

Seriously, most of us "newbies" (yeah I'm the guy who didn't hook up the
power to the mb) buying these things through onsale, are experienced
linux users (since 0.9? personally), and the instructions that come with
the udb's are very clear. So most questions should be directly related
to alpha-linux specific questions, and that is what this list is for.

Best Regards,
-Ted

.... now if I could only find that on/off switch ....