Re: Time to form comp.os.linux.alpha?

Ryan Dripps (drdrip@karma.zephyr.net)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 18:59:16 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Richard Gorton wrote:

> Before the massive wave of UDB's hit the market, the axp-list
> was a pretty effective way to swap technical information.
> Now, the volume of traffic on this list is so high that I find
> myself immediately looking for the keyword 'UDB' in the subject
> and body, and if I see it, I immediately delete the message.
> Being able to read news (instead of wading through 200 extra
> messages on monday if I don't read email over the weekend) would
> certainly make my life easier.
>
> Any others interested?
>
> Rick

Sounds like a UDB faq may be in order. Perhaps sending a copy of the alpha
faq to new mail list subscribers would help a little? There seems to be
two subjects on this list, support and development. Most new subscribers
I think are expecting this to be a support list for axp red hat related
issues. I think making an axp-development list is the best way to solve
the snr.

back into lurk mode

--
Ryan  rdripps@vcd.hp.com