Re: Multia Firmware

Jose Cordones (cord2403@css1s0.engr.ccny.cuny.edu)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 17:45:38 -0500 (EST)

> I have a Multia and I would like to know where I can get the latest
> firmware for it.

Beware....
I bought an UDB from OSR around August and as soon as I received it, I
upgraded its firmware as per a post on this mailing list regarding
firmware's availability on a digital.com site (Gatekeeper?)
Anyhow, after I upgraded it, the machine never came back from the dead...
it would beep, spin the floppy drive (the hard disk hadn't an OS installed
on it) and that was it.. the supplier played stupid and it was only a few
days ago (after dealing with the credit card company for months ) that I
got most of my money refunded... so, heed the warning of a traumatized
firmware upgrader.. be very careful.

Even after this horrible experience, I'm about to order the 233Mhz
(overclocked to 266Mhz)... Has anyone upgraded this machine's factory
firmware with the ones offered by Digital over FTP? Can you provide an
exact URL into the images that you used?

> Thank you,
> Miguel Rivera
> miguel@netwave.net

Jose R.