Re: Time to form comp.os.linux.alpha?

Paul D. Robertson (proberts@clark.net)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 13:07:41 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, David Rudder wrote:

> I've found that most people will recognize the name Linux/Alpha, although
> Linux/DEC-Alpha would probably be fairly good too. So, my suggestions
> for name (although, don't necessarily take this as an endorsement of the
> idea as a whole) would be comp.os.linux.linux-alpha or

Well, we all found this list :)

> comp.os.linux.dec-alpha.

If we're going to use Alpha, then this is probably the best, though
I much prefer naming it after the architecture, just in case DEC ever
licenses the chips to someone else.

comp.os.linux.axp is my preference, with comp.os.linux.dec-alpha
a distant second.

The /pub/linux/ALPHA heirarchy on sunsite has been around much longer than
this port, and is much more widely known. I think it would help to
recognize that.

Paul