Re: Time to form comp.os.linux.alpha?

Maurice Hilarius (maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:42:46 -0700

At 08:19 AM 11-27-96 -0500, you wrote:

>Before the massive wave of UDB's hit the market, the axp-list
>was a pretty effective way to swap technical information.
>Now, the volume of traffic on this list is so high that I find
>myself immediately looking for the keyword 'UDB' in the subject
>and body, and if I see it, I immediately delete the message.
>Being able to read news (instead of wading through 200 extra
>messages on monday if I don't read email over the weekend) would
>certainly make my life easier.
>
>Any others interested?
>
> Rick
Yes, a UDB-specific list would be the best solution, I think...

BTW, we have started selling a fairly large batch of axpPCI33 "no-name"
233MHz boards we purchased at a very low price, so look for even more
UDB-style newbie questions!
This will mean another large number of cheap Alphas out in the Linux
community, so the problem you mention is only going to get worse ( there are
over 600 of these boards).

Cheers,
Maurice
| Maurice Hilarius | The Past is History |
| President / Computer Entomologist | The Future is Mystery |
| Hard Data Ltd. | Today is a Gift |
| 403-456-1510 / FAX 403-457-1338 | That is why they call it |
| maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca | The Present |