Re: SCSI Termination

Maurice Hilarius (maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:38:51 -0700

At 03:39 AM 11-27-96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Adam Forsyth wrote:
>
>> I can't seem to get the UDB to recognize my CD ROM. My installation
>> instructions say if milo freezes on scsi0: 1host that means I have a
>> termination problem.
>
>I woudlnt' be so sure about that. I also had problems getting my NEC 2x
>to run on my UDB, with or without termination. It appears that the block
>size on some CD-Rom drives is incompatible with unix, while some cd drives
>have internal jumpers labelled 'unix'... In fact, the only CD-Rom drive
>I've been able to make work on my UDB si the one I thought would be most
>difficult, my CD writer. It's a SONY and the machine does recognize it as
>a WORM.
This all seems a little weird to me. We have used most Plextor CD drives,
most Toshibas, some NEC's, all of which worked.

Cheers,
Maurice
| Maurice Hilarius | The Past is History |
| President / Computer Entomologist | The Future is Mystery |
| Hard Data Ltd. | Today is a Gift |
| 403-456-1510 / FAX 403-457-1338 | That is why they call it |
| maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca | The Present |