Re: Time to form comp.os.linux.alpha?

David Mosberger (davidm@azstarnet.com)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:19:59 -0700 (MST)

> Before the massive wave of UDB's hit the market, the axp-list
> was a pretty effective way to swap technical information.
> Now, the volume of traffic on this list is so high that I find
> myself immediately looking for the keyword 'UDB' in the subject
> and body, and if I see it, I immediately delete the message.
> Being able to read news (instead of wading through 200 extra
> messages on monday if I don't read email over the weekend) would
> certainly make my life easier.

> Any others interested?

I'm all for it. You volunteering to take the necessary steps? ;-)

Seriously: I had people telling me that they unsubscribed from
axp-list as quickly as they subscribed simply because they were
overwhelmed by the amount of traffic on the list.

Newsgroups make it much easier to "lurk" and get a feel for what's
going on.

--david