Re: SCSI Termination

Nicholas Alexander Bastin (nbastin@bgnet.bgsu.edu)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 03:39:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Adam Forsyth wrote:

> I can't seem to get the UDB to recognize my CD ROM. My installation
> instructions say if milo freezes on scsi0: 1host that means I have a
> termination problem.

I woudlnt' be so sure about that. I also had problems getting my NEC 2x
to run on my UDB, with or without termination. It appears that the block
size on some CD-Rom drives is incompatible with unix, while some cd drives
have internal jumpers labelled 'unix'... In fact, the only CD-Rom drive
I've been able to make work on my UDB si the one I thought would be most
difficult, my CD writer. It's a SONY and the machine does recognize it as
a WORM.

Nick