Re: Shutdown or Reboot on my UDB...

Andreas Kostyrka (andreas@rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 12:03:41 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Nicholas Alexander Bastin wrote:

> OK....I've got this little teeny problem...my UDB won't shutdown or
> reboot. When I issue a shutdown -h now or a reboot command, it sends the
> reboot or shutdown message to all the tty's, but it never actually reboots
> or shutsdown. Anybody have any ideas on why, or how to get it to do it?
What version of Linux,Milo,... are you using?
Where does it hang? By not shutting down, do you mean, that you can still
log in?

Older MILO Versions couldn't reboot, but my problems with this went away
when I upgraded to RH 4.0 (*but* my MILO is seemingly not from redhat, I
had to ftp it myself, I somehow forgot to burn it on the CD :( )

Andreas