Re: UDB position

Brian E.W. Wood (beww@intac.com)
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:47:44 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Miguel Avillez wrote:

> hello
>
> I have a newbie queation?
>
> Is there any problem a UDB having a vertical position or should it be
> horizontal?
>
> I am doing this question because I always heard about put things sideways
> (in this case is vertically) would damage the HDD. Is this true?

Well mine came with a small plastic stand to mount it vertically.
I doubt that the HDD would have a problem with this since it is of
a type intended for portables and should tolerate different positions.

I run mine horizontally but I have considered that the cooling might
be better in a vertical position (what with hot air rising and all that).

Brian E.W. Wood
beww@intac.com