This most definately was not the case, (I did the installation myself). In
fact I was trying to convert this partion to use it for milo and it was this
conversion which destroyed the rest of my disk. So I can only presume that the
partition was some sort of index which the Disk Label included.
SO after several interesting attempt to read the data on the disk (the best
was where we installed a minimum system on the swap partitino of my external
disk, used dd to make an image of the internal disk as a file on the external
disk and then try to truncate the fle in such a way that we could mount the
file as a filesystem and copy it back onto the original disk, in the end we
the surest method was a complete reinstall.
anyway I'm back runnning again.
-- Scott Manley (aka Szyzyg) /------ _@/ Mail -----\ ___ _ _ __ __ _ | Armagh Observatory | / __| __ ___| |_| |_ | \/ |__ _ _ _ | |___ _ _ | Armagh | \__ \/ _/ _ \ _| _| | |\/| / _` | ' \| / -_) || | | Northern Ireland | |___/\__\___/\__|\__| |_| |_\__,_|_||_|_\___|\_, | | BT61 9DG. | http://star.arm.ac.uk/~spm/welcome.html |__/ \=====================/
-- To unsubscribe: send e-mail to email@example.com with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. Do not send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1995-1997 Red Hat Software. Legal notices