Re: Unidentified subject!

Scott Locklin (locklin@lonsdale.lbl.gov)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 15:06:24 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Brian E.W. Wood wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, JuGGerNauGhT wrote:
>
> The internal 53C810 controller will work just fine, My UDB is controlling
> an HP 2GB drive as well as a Seagate 4GB.
>
> The bracket to mount the drive internally is another matter. They are
> hard to find and I am told they require that you remove the external
> SCSI connector, definitely a BAD THING.

My "easy web server" comes with a 1GB, 3.5" Quantum Fireball drive and an
external SCSI port, so they should not be mutually exclusive. I think
you do loose the extra PCI slot though, as there is alleged to be some
kind of "riser card" with an extra PCI slot in it with the 2.5"
equipped units.

> Also, if you do mount the drive internally be sure to remove the
> 2.5" drive as the power supply will NOT run two hard drives.

It also simply will not fit; when I open up my box, I practically need
a shoehorn to get everyting back inside. There's absolutely no way you
could fit two drives inside without removing something (floppy?).

-Scott