Re: Compiling 2.1.13

Fritz Ganter (ganter@rebekka.tu-graz.ac.at)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 00:06:53 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> >I have exactly the same problem. My understanding is that 2.1.13
> >should compile simply by setting arch=alpha in the Makefile;
> >unfortunately, it reports various missing header files
> >even on a make menuconfig.
> >

> Well, I must be inhaling or something, 'coz I'm building
> a 2.1.3 kernel now with
>
> make ARCH=alpha dep clean boot modules modules_install
>
> and I only get the usual complaints about 'may be used uninitialized'
> variables in the skbuff macros (one of these days I'll track that
> down....)
I can compile 2.1.10-13 without any axp-diffs, **but** with only when I
use glibc-961111-axp-bin.tar.gz.

BTW, is there a newer glibc binary? I can't use programs with libm:

gcc -O6 -o pihexlinux pihex.c -lm
/usr/lib/libm.so: undefined reference to `EDOM'

Fritz "who dances with the Linux" Ganter. ganter@fvkma.tu-graz.ac.at
WWW: http://fvkma.tu-graz.ac.at/ganter ganter@quant-x.com
EDV-Consulting F..Ganter Grazerstr. 26a,A-8045 Graz support@quant-x.com
Member of the Quant-X Group: Alpha based Systems running Linux