Re: MILO on Alpha Station 400 won't work.

Topi Kanerva (tkanerva@nks.oulu.fi)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 19:58:00 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Niklas Wiberg wrote:

> If this is a ZLXp-E3, is there any chance one can expect a compatible
> MILO soon, (and is there an X server for it?) or should I consider replacing
> the video-card?
> Would an ATI Mach64 Graphics Xpression work with this machine?

hehe, don't swap the ZLXp-E3 for a Mach64 board, these two boards can't be
compared to each other, really. The ZLXp-E3 is a high-performance graphics
adapter with 3-D acceleration, and the Mach64 is just an ordinary PC
board. the current TGA X server could be modified to accommodate the
ZLXp-E3 with some effort, but if you're not into programming, well you
could also grab the OSF/1 Xdec server if you have OSF/1 licenses...