Re: Enorex Microsystems

Maurice Hilarius (maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:03:39 -0700

At 12:43 AM 11-23-96 -0500, you wrote:

>> a _lot_ and are planning many other good things soon. The most common
>> statement I heard at Comdex this week was " Alpha 500's at the same price as
>> Pentium Pro by the end of Q1, 1997.
>> Things are definitely looking up for the Alpha community!
>
>Yea, as much as I hate to say it I believe DEC as much as I believe Bill
>Clinton. History has shown the DEC marketeers ( Pin heads) have their
>heads where the sun doesn't shine, I would be very surprised to see
>anything change, much to my dismay. I had an interesting e-mail talk with
>a software developer at DEC and it seems the pin head mentality is making
>its way to the technical ranks.
>
>Tally Ho,

I have to say I agree with you sometimes. However, on the subject of product
pricing and related topics, the information is coming from those of us
buying from DEC. We _are_ seeing positive change.

Digital _have_ cut the prices substantially, product availability is good
now, and support is generally fairly steady.
Those of us in the Alpha marketplace are enjoying some good results, and
Digital have improved support and availability noticably in the last few months.
They have also told us that we can expect OSF1/DEC UNIX pricing to improve
in January.

Cheers,
Maurice
| Maurice Hilarius | The Past is History |
| President / Computer Entomologist | The Future is Mystery |
| Hard Data Ltd. | Today is a Gift |
| 403-456-1510 / FAX 403-457-1338 | That is why they call it |
| maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca | The Present |