Re: Enorex Microsystems

Maurice Hilarius (maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 21:30:39 -0700

At 12:10 AM 11-23-96 -0500, you wrote:
>He's at Comdex where everyone else is. I doubt he would complain about
>enorex, I think he is going to sell them.
Yes, I saw him there... He was in the booth in the Sands Expo.
Didn't expect him to stop reading email, though.
Jim P is still answering his mail, and he's in the booth helping Steve.
I don't believe that Steve will be selling Enorex systems, as he can buy the
parts for the same price as Enorex ( or any other authorized reseller).
DeskStation, Carrera and a few others had the "Alpha 500 systems under
$5000" signs up at Comdex, as well. The legitimate U.S. dealers had their
booths set up in the Convention Centre with Digital. They paid for them.

The thing that hasn't been made clear enough is that we have Digital
Equipment to thank for our good fortune. They have dropped Alpha CPU prices
a _lot_ and are planning many other good things soon. The most common
statement I heard at Comdex this week was " Alpha 500's at the same price as
Pentium Pro by the end of Q1, 1997.
Things are definitely looking up for the Alpha community!

Cheers,
Maurice
| Maurice Hilarius | The Past is History |
| President / Computer Entomologist | The Future is Mystery |
| Hard Data Ltd. | Today is a Gift |
| 403-456-1510 / FAX 403-457-1338 | That is why they call it |
| maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca | The Present |