Re: Enorex Microsystems

Maurice Hilarius (maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 21:17:40 -0700

At 06:04 hrs. 11-22-96 -0500, you wrote:

> I would also like to know about Enorex Mircrosystems. I am
> interested in buying a system from them, but I am a little suspicous.
> Please send me any info via email -> ccboone@amber.indstate.edu.
>
>I suggest that you do like I did---give them a call. They slightly
>freaked out when I asked them what discount I'd get for declining
>Windows NT; they said they'll call back (perhaps they are at
>Comdex). SOmeone said that DCG will offer a similar package: I am sure
>that they will be matching Enorex's price.

I doubt you will get anything from them without NT. Microsoft OEM licensing
agreement forces them to sell NT on _all_ machines they sell. This is the
only way they can get an OEM discount from Microsoft. This illegal practice
by Microsoft is well documented, BTW...

Cheers,
Maurice
| Maurice Hilarius | The Past is History |
| President / Computer Entomologist | The Future is Mystery |
| Hard Data Ltd. | Today is a Gift |
| 403-456-1510 / FAX 403-457-1338 | That is why they call it |
| maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca | The Present |