Re: X problems in RH 4.0

Topi Kanerva (tkanerva@nks.oulu.fi)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 06:03:24 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Michael Champigny wrote:

> I seem to be having some difficulties when running certain X apps in RH
> 4.0. Whenever I try to run xpaint, if the control-panel is running,
> xpaint will fail immediately giving me some sort of BadLine or Polygon
> error. I closed control-panel, and magically it worked. Is this related
> to the colormaps?

this reminds me of my problems with MIT-SHM... but it says something
like "Bad drawable" or "Attempt to access private resources denied".
However, I just can't get MIT-SHM to work :( I tried to compile mpeg2play
(v1.1b), but with shared mem enabled, the program failed to run. I had to
disable shared mem. Again, I fetched the xquake binaries for the alpha,
and again I came across this problem. Now what's the deal? Is Redhat 4.0
broken? How can I make xquake to run?