I installed 4.0 on my UDB (the first and only thing I've installed on
>If you are using RH 4.0, perhaps you could tell us what minor
>work you did, or post some diffs.
Here's the diff, relative to pcmcia-cs-2.8.21. The major problem was
that there are headers in /usr/include/sys included with RedHat which
are similar but not the same as the counterpart in
/usr/include/linux. One solution would be to modify the system, but
in this case, I patched a header in the pcmcia distribution (which
then causes a couple nasty looking "redefined" warnings... sigh).
The #ifdef I used is a bit too permissive, so it's probably not
suitable for general consumption, but it did work for me.
*** modules/k_compat.h.orig Wed Aug 21 00:20:18 1996
--- modules/k_compat.h Fri Nov 22 16:20:58 1996
*** 87,90 ****
--- 87,96 ----
#define IRQ(a,b,c) (a,c)
+ #ifdef __alpha__
+ #include <asm/termiobits.h>
+ #undef __KERNEL_STRICT_NAMES
+ #include <linux/resource.h>
+ #include <linux/types.h>
#endif /* _LINUX_K_COMPAT_H */
P.S., Thanks for all the great information on your site, Eric! I'm certainly responsible for quite a few hits on that web server. I may not have bought a UDB if there weren't people like you around with tons and tons of information and enthusiasm for the platform.
-- To unsubscribe: send e-mail to email@example.com with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. Do not send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1995-1997 Red Hat Software. Legal notices