Re: AVI viewer?

Scott Call (scall@ccnet.com)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:38:54 -0800

Jim Nance wrote:

> Can he build a statically linked version? That should run.
>
> Unfortunatly gcc can't cross compile between 32<-->64 bit platforms,
> so any cross compiler build would have to be OSF based. It ought to
> be possible to install a Linux/Alpha ECOFF environment on a Digital Unix
> machine, and (cross?) compile using the standard Digital Unix gcc by setting
> the appropriate flags/environment variables.

Hmm. Didn't someone have a GCC for compiling alpha kernels on x86
linux?

-Scott

> Jim

   ___
  /   ~-.    Scott Call
 |       \      TCP/IP Network Administrator/Holder of Past Knowledge
  \\j`j; /  ,      CCnet, Inc	http://www.ccnet.com/
   (^,  )bxr~        Walnut Creek, CA
    ---'		http://www.devolution.com/
46. Outrageous vehicles only make the hero cooler.
101. Mallets can be stored anywhere on anybody.
		-All I Need to Know I Learned From Anime