Re: Multia bip

Paul Stewart (stewart@chopin.ecse.rpi.edu)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:33:59 -0500

In message <9611212304.AA04584@cadosf.hlo.dec.com>, Michael Champigny writes:
>According to Miguel Avillez:
>
>> Whenever I do a delete or backspace I have this bip ... how can I reduce
>> it or disable it?
>
>When you are in X, type:
>
>xset b off

By the way, the Multia with the TGA X server is one of the only ones that
I've used where you can actually set all of the volume, frequency and
duration of the bell with "xset". With an appropriate incantation, you
may be able to come up with a reasonable bell as opposed to the "honk"
one gets by default.

--
Paul