Re: Windows NT Compiler

Paul D. Robertson (proberts@clark.net)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 22:27:10 -0500 (EST)

--8323328-1772214762-848633230=:27779

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Steven W. Decato wrote:

> I know. Windows is a dirty word. However, is Microsoft the only source for
> a Windows NT compiler for my UDB? I've already spent the bucks for my
> Intel platform and can't afford to shell out another $400-$500 for the
> RISC version of Visual C++. Does anybody have an earlier version to
> sell? I hope to grab up as much source for apps as I can and recompile
> for the Alpha system. The only shareware
> stuff I've found is the NEWT CD.

GNU gcc is supported, though I've not had a chance to look at the win32 stuff
for it under NT, since I got my company to shell out the money for V C++.

The base compiler is on:

http://dutlbcz.lr.tudelft.nl/alphant

I think the NT library stuff is on prep.ai.mit.edu somewhere, but I never
had a chance to follow up on it.

There's quite a bit of freeware there, considering the usual
comercialization of M$ operating systems, and NT in particular.
(Which may be good, or may be bad I suppose).

Paul