Re: JENSEN ONCE AGAIN

Martin Ostermann (ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de)
21 Nov 1996 13:17:25 +0100

tomas <tomasb@rainside.sk> writes:
> but there's another but.
> linux detects my cdrom (scsi, id 4, lun 0) but
> won't mount it.
> how am _i_ supposed to mount it?
>
> /dev/scd0 and /dev/scd1 don't work.
> when linux is booting it doesnt tell where it was found.

Looks like your kernel is missing SCSI CD support. Which kernel did you
use?

Anyway, you can either compile your own kernel, or use the one from
my homepage, as I know for sure that that on is including SCSI CD
support. Read the Docs about aboot on how you can boot a kernel from
the file system.

Martin

--
Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de