Re: MILO on Alpha Station 400 won't work.

Niklas Wiberg (e95_nwi@elixir.e.kth.se)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 19:13:08 +0200

At 16.05 1996-11-19 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello Niklas, i have a working milo image for the AS400,
>don't remember exactly where i got it, i think it was from the DEC server.
>You can get it by anonymous ftp from
fabsoft.zarm.uni-bremen.de:/pub/axp/milo.AS400

Hi again!
I tried the image you referred to, but it didn't work either. It loads, but
after the "swapping to PALcode at 0x0 ..." , the screen screws up.
However, I noticed that if I type help or ls fd0 and <RETURN> something
happens. The screen is still messed up, but some lines starts to blink, shifting
between red and blue.
Could it be a problem with the graphics card? The ARC reports the card as:
24 Plane Frame Buffer video card: TGA 24 Z-buffer
I read in some instructions for RH 2.1/AXP that there were different kernel
images if you had a TGA card.
Could this be the case with MILO too?
If so, anyone know where I can get such an image?
(The distribution I'll install is RH 3.0.3)

Regards Niklas