Re: PLEASE HELP glibc 961111 : can't execute libm - linked programs

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 12:12:07 +0100 (MET)

You (Zarmfab Software Development) wrote:
> after installing glibc961111 executing any program linked with libm
> results in:
>
> <xxx>: error in loading shared libraries
> /lib/libm.so.6: undefined symbol: EDOM
>
> can anybody help me with this ?

It's because sysdeps/alpha/w_sqrt.S misses a #define __need_Emath
before it includes <errnos.h>. With the standard Linux 2.0.x header
files, EDOM doesn't get defined then.

Wouldn't it be better to change errnos.h so that it does a

#ifndef EMON
#define EDOM ...

.. instead of having the app/lib having to define __need_Emath ?

I don't know if this was fixed after 961114, because I can't reach
alpha.gnu.ai.mit.edu

Mike.

--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/