Re: Package Management error

Scott Call (scall@ccnet.com)
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:20:17 -0800

Mihaly HOMONNAI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've rh4.0 on my udb. I upgraded all the packages in the
> /update/axp subdir.
> I've a 2.0.25 kernel with ppp,slip,eth0.
> The TGA X server works fine, but i can't run the following
> programs in the Controll Panel:
> Package Management
> Modem configuration
> Network Configuration
>
> How could i check the problems? There is nothing in /var/log.

Make sure you have the "Tix" package installed. It's needed by most of
the control-panel type stuff.

Or try from an xterm:
netcfg

and see if it complains about libraries.

-Scott

> Mihaly

   ___
  /   ~-.    Scott Call
 |       \      TCP/IP Network Administrator/Holder of Past Knowledge
  \\j`j; /  ,      CCnet, Inc	http://www.ccnet.com/
   (^,  )bxr~        Walnut Creek, CA
    ---'		http://www.devolution.com/
46. Outrageous vehicles only make the hero cooler.
101. Mallets can be stored anywhere on anybody.
		-All I Need to Know I Learned From Anime