Re: FMU.GZ crashing

Tracy R. Reed (treed@straylight.connectnet.com)
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 13:23:22 -0800

Eric Smith wrote:

> I've wiped out the entire flash on my UDB twice, once deliberately and once
> by accident while hacking fmu. All I had to do was move the jumper from the
> normal boot setting to the emergency recovery setting, boot SRM from the
> recovery floppy, and reprogram the flash. It worked fine.

Can you tell me where this jumper is? I am trying to upgrade my UDB from
3.0.1 to 4.0 and since MILO finds a bad magic number on all of the
kernels I'm trying to boot on the 4.0 CDROM I assume I need to upgrade
MILO. I have put the milo.dd on a floppy, but I don't know exactly where
the jumper is to make it boot a floppy disk. Isn't it a huge pain in the
butt to have to open up the machine and move a jumper every time you
want to boot from floppy? Thanks for any help you can provide.