Re: FMU.GZ crashing

Eric Smith (eric@brouhaha.com)
17 Nov 1996 09:50:26 -0000

Maurice Hilarius <maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca> wrote:
> No. The system has ARC only. It was not purchased with SRM firmware. I
> suupose it would be possible to put SRM on it, but that would not be legal.

I forgot to point out in my earlier response that DEC provides the SRM
console firmware on their firmware update CDs and their FTP site. As far
as I know there is no reason why it would not be legal for you to install
SRM on a machine that didn't originally have it.

But they definitely won't let you do that with Digital Unix or VMS.

Cheers,
Eric