Re: axp-diffs

Fritz Ganter (ganter@rebekka.tu-graz.ac.at)
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 00:16:24 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Oops- I'm sorry-
>
> First:
>
> first of all, 2.1.10 is the happier camper (2.1.7 will
> work) but not 2.1.9 or 2.1.8.
Yes, I wanted 2.1.10, but neiter my dealer in Austria has it, nor
ftp.funet.fi. BTW, what is the server which have the kernels first.

> Second:
> I've gone to the effort of doing a fairly recent glibc- that
> may make a difference- as I've had to do a massive amount
> of include file turnover.
>
> Richard Henderson (atheist.tamu.edu) has very kindly
> provided a binary release of a recent glibc that may also
> help with this.
Yes, I'm ftp'ing it now.

> Third:
>
> I've never done xconfig- that may not work.
> Try plain old 'make config'.

make config works until I say yes to sound.

Fritz "who dances with the Linux" Ganter. ganter@fvkma.tu-graz.ac.at
WWW: http://fvkma.tu-graz.ac.at/ganter ganter@quant-x.com
EDV-Consulting F.Ganter Grazerstr. 26a,A-8045 Graz support@quant-x.com
Member of the Quant-X Group: Alpha based Systems running Linux