Re: Red Hat vs Craftworks Linux AXP

Erik Troan (ewt@redhat.com)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:53:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, David Morton wrote:

> Nowhere on the website does it tell one that Adaptec 2940UW SCSI controllers
> are not supported, you have to read the manual to find that out.Consequently
> I could not install the system.

When Red Hat 4.0/Alpha was released, Adaptec 2940UW were not supported on
the Alpha at all. We publish a list of supported SCSI cards (NCR810, BusLogic,
Qlogic 1020 ISP, and Adaptec 1740) on our box and that should have been in
our announcement.

> I registered the product and sent a request for tech. support 10/30/96.
> Response was "will be answered as soon as possible, probably in 4 to 5 days"

I'm looking into your support problems.

> Craftworks e-mailed me 11/12/96 that they are shipping their CD which does
> support 2940UW's and PC164's.

Red Hat 4.0 doe support PC164's fwiw.

Erik