Re: eb164 SROM

Jay A Estabrook (jestabro@amt.tay1.dec.com)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 00:51:28 -0500

At 07:11 PM 11/8/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I was fooled, because the SRM console ALWAYS saw 128 MB. MILO, however,
>had to be told that I had 128 MB, or would default to 32 MB.

Ah; so both ARC and SRM know there's 128MB, but MILO always saw only 32?

This means you most probably have an old linload.exe; MILO depends on
linload.exe to pass along the memory size it finds out from ARC. If the
linload.exe is not fully compatible with the MILO it runs, MILO won't
get (at least) the memory size right.

Please try picking up the latest linload.exe from gatekeeper.dec.com:

pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/Miniloader/arc/linload.exe

and see if MILO doesn't start getting the memory size correct.

--Jay++