Re: AXP compiling HOWTO

Scott (sshinn@site.gmu.edu)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 20:03:49 -0500

Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> > It seems that the AXP flavor of Linux is plagued by difficult compiles
> > compared to its Intel brother.
>
> I am not so sure to what degree this is true. At least a degree of
> that in reality seems to be much smaller than some postings in this
> group would seem to indicate. A significat portion is likely
> classifiable as an "operator error".

Ill say. The way the kernel headers and kernel source itself are
seperated in Redhat 4.0 threw me for a spin. The "operator" errors are
probably the most useful info to cover in such a FAQ. It would certainly
save bandwidth from newcomers like myself who will ask questions that
have been previously answered on the mailing list many times before. :)

sshinn
Team BOFH
Hit any user to continue.