Re: windows 95 keyboard

Brian E.W. Wood (beww@intac.com)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:37:40 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Jim Paradis wrote:

> > Am I correct in assuming that a windows 95 keyboard will work ok with my
> > udb? I don't care if the windows key does anything or not, I just wanted
> > to make sure that in adding that key the folks at microsoft didn't do
> > anything that would cause me to not be able to use it. Win 95 keyboards
> > seem to be the only cheap keyboard that the stores around here have.
>
> FWIW, I'm using a Win95 keyboard on a Linux/Intel box no problem...
> The keyboards are electrically identical to good old-fashioned AT
> or PS/2 keyboards, they just have the funky Windows key (which I
> *still* want to find some use for under Linux... maybe have the
> left Windows key fire up Wine, and the right windows key fire up
> Executor 8-) )

Does this mean that there is an Executor version that will run on
an Alpha?

I was a "charter" supporter of Executor, and I now have the CD but
it is one of several programs that I have not been able to use
since moving to the Alpha.

BTW - I think the increment/decrement virtual consoles mentioned
is an excellent idea for the keys.

Brian E.W. Wood
beww@intac.com