Re: UDB: Keyboard controller failures

Dreyer (wdr@quant-x.com)
Mon, 11 Nov 96 12:25:18 +0100

serial Port take a normal link cable with crossed wires (like for LAPLINK
on PC)

terminal Programm 9600 8 n 1 Xon/Xoff

you should get the normal menu.

I have seen this if somebody disconnects keyboard during runtime. This
blows up the controller. If this has happend you must go to digital
service for replacement of motherboard.

sorry no better news.

Wolfgang

* SHIPPING 21164-500 MHz MICROSOFT HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST APPROVED *
| WOLFGANG DREYER | Alpha based Systems | Ph: (+43) 4212 60040 |
| EDV-CONSULTING | running Linux, | Fax: (+43) 4212 60044 |
| Hintnausdorf 14/1 | Windows NT,Digital- | Cel: (+43) 664 2038200|
| A-9300 ST. VEIT/GLAN | Unix,Open-VMS | Email:wdr@quant-x.com |
| AUSTRIA/EUROPE | 21066/21066-A, 21064-A | http://www.quant-x.at |
| | 21164 and 21164-ATX | http://www.quant-x.com|