Re: UDB: Keyboard controller failures

Scott (sshinn@site.gmu.edu)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 22:56:01 -0500

Vik Bajaj wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My UDB no longer recognizes its keyboard at boot-time, but reports (in
> ARC) that the keyboard or its controller cannot be recognized. It also
> reports that the I/O has been redirected to the serial port.
> Unfortunately, I have not been able to get anything from the serial port.
> Accordingly, I am wondering if anyone has the settings for serial port I/O
> or has experienced this problem in the past.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vik

I have the exact same problem. I can however get the keyboard to be
recognized if I do 2 things:
1) Make sure your hitting keys when the SRM starts to load the ARC.
Thats where its doing the keyboard detection.
2) Unplug the mouse.

Im pretty sure its a hardware problem, something is screwy in the
Mouse/Keyboard ports on the box.

sshinn