Re: 3.5 inch drive

David Morton (mortond@dnai.com)
Sat, 09 Nov 1996 09:33:19 -0800

At 10:19 PM 11/7/96 -0500, you wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, David Mosberger wrote:
>
>> The FAQ is at http://www.azstarnet.com/~axplinux/FAQ.html.
>>
>> Since the topic is about drives: how noisy are the Fujitsu drives? The only
>> drives I like so far are Seagates simply because (some of them?) are so quiet
>> it's almost annoying. ;-)
>>
>> --david
>>

>Very quiet, at least compared to my Quantum Atlas which sounds like it has
>marbles rolling around inside of it ....
>
>Thanks for the FAQ pointer.
>
>-Ted

Well, I have two Quantums, an Atlas 4.3 Gb SCSI and a 500 Mb SCSI which, in
my case, are silent and very fast. I also have a Seagate 1 Gb SCSI which is
fairly quite but also very slow.
I am planning on buying an Atlas II SCSI 4.5 Gb Ultra when they become
available.

I guess it's all in the luck of the draw

David Morton