Re: eb164 63 MB limit?

Joshua M. Thompson (invid@optera.com)
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 20:03:50 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Rolf Karlstad wrote:

> this is the most exciting part, as I definitely would rather have 128 MB,
> if I can test a kernel for you please let me know.

So far all i've found is that my crashes occured inside memcpy() and and
mark_buffer_uptodate(). This leads me to believe that the problem occured
during a disk access, and I did notice that what you and I both have in
common with our systems (other than lots of RAM) is the NCR 53c8xx SCSI
driver.

At this moment I'm rebuilding a new kernel because I'm moving my RAID
array over to a BusLogic BT958 card, and then I'm going to try booting
with all 128 MB using the BusLogic driver and see if I can start my news
server again. Failing that, I'm going to force MILO down to 63 MB of RAM
and try again.

--
invid@optera.com             | We are Grey
http://www.optera.com/~invid | We stand between the Candle and the Star