I've had the same problems on a UDB running RH 3.0.3 every time I've tried to
upgrade to any 2.0.x kernel, using either the 8xx driver or the old 53c7,8xx
I upgraded one of my UDBs to RH 4.0, thinking that the problem must surely
be fixed, but no, it still happens.
However, I've seen a lot of other SCSI related faults as well.
Before everyone suggests again that I have bad cabling, termination, or
broken hardware, I'll point out that
1) I've checked all those things very carefully, even to the extent of
verifying SCSI signal integrity on an oscilliscope
2) The 1.3.90 kernels (both Red Hat's and my own builds) are rock solid
on the same machine.
For the time being, I'm sticking with 1.3.90 on my production system.
Unfortunately I've already upgreaded my other UDB to RH 4.0 with kernel
2.0.18. Since it's ELF-based, there's no way I can go back to 1.3.90 without
reinstalling RH 3.0.3.
I've not yet had time to do a binary search and figure out what kernel version
-- To unsubscribe: send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. Do not send it to email@example.com
Copyright © 1995-1997 Red Hat Software. Legal notices