Re: 3.5 inch drive

Maurice Hilarius (maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 16:24:50 -0700

At 09:30 AM 11-07-96 -0500, you wrote:

>> At 10:40 hrs. 11-05-96 +0500, you wrote:
>>
>> Otherwise, just how _WOULD_ you install a CDROM drive to
>> install Red Hat from?
>
>Ah, but NFS and FTP installs are quite reasonable (I happen to *have* a UDB
>with no external SCSI port).

True, it's possible to install other ways. However, as this _IS_ Red Hat's
mail list, we should probably focus on the way that they distribute ;-}

As for the SCSI Wide adapters, I personally suggest the best bet is an Ultra
narrow (50 pin ) drive. The Fujitsu 2952SYU, for example, is a 7200 rpm
drive, with 512K cache, 8.5ms access, and is Ultra narrow. It is 2.4GB, and
only costs $550. This is less than most of the non-ultra drives in this
capacity on the market. Ooooppss!! Sorry Steve, that _could_ be construed as
an advertisement!

Cheers,
Maurice
| Maurice Hilarius | The Past is History |
| President / Computer Entomologist | The Future is Mystery |
| Hard Data Ltd. | Today is a Gift |
| 403-456-1510 / FAX 403-457-1338 | That is why they call it |
| maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca | The Present |