Re: RHS 4.0 INIT problem

Maurice Hilarius (maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 23:17:30 -0700

At 11:57 AM 11-06-96 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks, Maurice,

You're welcome
>Using autoboot, when loading the kernel, it says try to locate an
>non-exist memory. and stop there. Should I also add mount
>root=/dev/HARDDISK rw too?
Sure sounds like it! although the rw is superfluous...
I think the fact that / is not on the first partition is getting you in
trouble. It finds the kernel, but not root.

Cheers,
Maurice
| Maurice Hilarius | The Past is History |
| President / Computer Entomologist | The Future is Mystery |
| Hard Data Ltd. | Today is a Gift |
| 403-456-1510 / FAX 403-457-1338 | That is why they call it |
| maurice@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca | The Present |