Re: Unidentified subject!

Eric Smith (eric@brouhaha.com)
6 Nov 1996 18:33:36 -0000

Randy Perry <randyp@aspsys.com> wrote:
> Well Mr Gaudet is upon his Flame horse again and as I have told him these
> battles over OVERCLOCKING and undermining others on the lists arent polite.

Hey, I'm probably more to blame for the overclocking flame war than Steve
was. While Steve and I still disagree on that particular issue, he
actually did provide some useful information to back up his claims. And I
have to agree with "D. Steven Daniel" <danields@goldsword.com> that Steve has
provided valuable technical information to this list on multiple occasions.
While I haven't purchased anything from DCG, I would not hesitate to do so
in the future. Whereas I actively avoid companies that post advertising in
inappropriate forums.

IMHO, unsolicited advertising on the list is not a good idea. If people want
a mailing list for Alpha system advertisements, I'll be happy to create one
on my system. Somehow I doubt that very many people will subscribe.

Cheers,
Eric