Re: netscape problems

Scott Call (scall@ccnet.com)
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 09:24:55 -0800

Martin Ostermann wrote:

> Scott Call <scall@ccnet.com> writes:
> > I sucessfully compiled Mosaic 2.8a2, as it uses a new "GTK" (Graphical
> > Toolkit) NCSA is developing rather than Motif. It's OK, supports some
>
> Which version (date) did you use? Did it need _any_ patches?

I think I used the 1102 version, no patches, and it ran. A little slow,
with no backgrounds (I assume it's not implemented yet) but it ran.

It would probably run faster w/o the debugging in it....

-Scott

> Thanks, Martin
> --
> Martin Ostermann | mailto:ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de
> Communication Networks | http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~ost
> Aachen University of Technology | phoneto:++49/241/807917
> Germany | faxto:++49/241/8890378

   ___
  /   ~-.    Scott Call
 |       \      TCP/IP Network Administrator/Holder of Past Knowledge
  \\j`j; /  ,      CCnet, Inc	http://www.ccnet.com/
   (^,  )bxr~        Walnut Creek, CA
    ---'		http://www.devolution.com/
46. Outrageous vehicles only make the hero cooler.
101. Mallets can be stored anywhere on anybody.
		-All I Need to Know I Learned From Anime