RE: RHS 4.0 INIT problem

Castelijn, Maurice (Castelijn.Maurice@kpmg.nl)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 16:24:50 +0100

>----------

Try to reboot with options: "- mount root=/dev/HARDDISK rw"

Where:
- = standard kernel
HARDDISK = hda1, hdb1, hda2, hdb2 (ide), sda1, sda2, sb1 etc etc
rw = read/write mode

Then your "/etc/fstab" should look like:

/dev/sda3 swap swap defaults 1 1
/dev/sda2 / ext2 defaults 1 1
none /proc proc defaults 1 1

Anyway, it worked for me to do it this way. Then, you'll see see the
message - after rebooting again - but you'll also see: "remounting root
read/write mode" or something like that (hey, I'm not a robot who knows
everything by heart!)

Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

Maurice.