Re: Netscape fasttrack & Linux/axp

Mark Hamstra (mhamstra@sullivan.bentley.com)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 08:31:15 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Miguel Bettencourt Dias wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I was wondering if anybody has seen the same problem:
>
> During the instalation of fasttrack for osf2 I get a little :-) bug ... I get
> a strange error that says that the user 'root' does not exist. I tryed
> installing under another user but to no avail.

No ideas, but please let me know if you get Fasttrack running on
Linux/axp. I'm working on a commercial web-server product that currently
is being developed on NT Alpha with Netscape Enterprise or Fasttrack.
I've also got Red Hat 4.0 running on one of my Alphas and a copy of
Digital Unix sitting around (can't install it along with NT until I get
another physical SCSI drive); so if it can be done, I should have all the
pieces required... except the time to play with it to make it work.

Mark Hamstra
Bentley Systems, Inc.