Re: Kernel 2.1.7

Philip Blundell (pjb27@cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 22:38:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Philip Blundell wrote:

> There didn't seem to be any serial port or console output. I'll check
> whether I enabled serial echoing when I built the kernel.

Duh. When I went to check this, I discovered that a few of my config
option had somehow gotten scrambled -- in particular, the board type had
been changed from "Noname" to "Cabriolet", which can't have been helping.
Presumably this will fix it; sorry for wasting everybody's time with this.

I wonder if this is a Menuconfig thing. I've gone back to using good old
make config for the time being. I did notice that Menuconfig seemed to be
getting a little confused at times, but I'd never seen it actually get
things wrong before. I guess I should have checked.

phil