Re: Kernel 2.1.7

Philip Blundell (pjb27@cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 21:31:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Richard Henderson wrote:

> Nope. In what way isn't it working?
>
> Just a silly thought, but you are running in an ELF environment,
> and so have a MILO that can load an ELF kernel, yes? As of 2.1.0,
> only ELF kernels are supported.

Okay. I've tried booting with a monitor & keyboard attached. This is
MILO 2.0.12 by the way, and come to think of it the old kernel I was using
(2.0.24+axpdiffs) was ELF as well, I think.

Anyway, MILO loads, does its stuff, says "switching on virtual addressing
and jumping to the Linux kernel", and that's the last thing I see. The
keyboard LEDs flash and then the machine locks up hard and I have to cycle
power to get it back.

Any ideas?

phil