Re: Kernel 2.1.7

Philip Blundell (pjb27@cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 20:07:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Richard Henderson wrote:

> Nope. In what way isn't it working?

I'm not sure at the moment, because I tried to boot it with a serial
console and the machine just locked up after "jumping to the kernel".
I'll have to hook up a monitor to see what actually went wrong.

> Just a silly thought, but you are running in an ELF environment,
> and so have a MILO that can load an ELF kernel, yes? As of 2.1.0,
> only ELF kernels are supported

I _think_ so, yes. Certainly MILO didn't complain, and I'm fairly sure
my MILO is quite recent (2.0.something, anyway).

I'll try and find out exactly what the problem is and get back to you.
Thanks for the help.

phil